Creado por: Equipo médico Bogotá Laser
19 octubre, 2023
- Before the surgery, the eye is numbed using local anesthesia through the application of eye drops. In certain cases, general anesthesia may be administered to ensure the patient's comfort and minimize any potential discomfort.
- The surgeon makes micro-incisions in the sclera (the white part of the eye).
- Then, the surgeon observes the inside of the eye using a microscope to perform the specific procedure according to the case.
- In some cases, the degenerated vitreous humor may be extracted, scar tissue on the retina may be removed, cataracts may be extracted, or foreign objects in the eye may be removed.
- Depending on the case and patient's considerations, the vitreous humor can be replaced with gas, silicone oil, or air.
- After the procedure, the necessary postoperative care instructions will be provided for complete rehabilitation.