User service and social participation: We hold regular meetings, at least once a year, to gather feedback and ideas from users. These meetings aim to enhance service provision and the overall functioning of our healthcare institution based on user input.
Mechanisms for addressing user requests and concerns: We have established channels to receive and address user requests, complaints, claims, and inquiries. These include suggestion boxes, email email@example.com, interaction through social media, and direct attention through our customer service area.
Keep users informed about their rights and responsibilities.
Promote patient well-being through our “Culture Safety” program, which promotes ongoing patient education on topics such as patient safety, eye drop application, hand hygiene, organ donation, and other topics of interest to our users.
Additionally, the clinic offers the service of virtual discussions. This space is open to the public interested in learning and interactive teaching. From the comfort of their homes or offices, people seeking clarification about available surgical procedures, scientific benefits, and recovery statistics can engage in discussions with our ophthalmologist doctors to learn about the different procedure alternatives available at the clinic.
- Suggestions box.
- Email to the customer service area.
- Facebook live sessions on common pathologies and self-care.
- Participation in semi-annual improvement discussions.
- Develop strategies for citizen participation in the healthcare institution to improve service provision.
- Improve health by educating our patients in self-care.
- Generate healthy programs within the institutions.
- “Culture Safety” programs.
- User service and social participation, with meetings that will be held at least once a year, aimed at improving service provision and the functioning of the healthcare institution based on users' ideas.
- Establish mechanisms for attending to users' requests, complaints, claims, and inquiries to address corrective actions within the healthcare institution, such as suggestion boxes, email firstname.lastname@example.org, interaction through social media, and direct attention through the customer service area.
- Keep users informed about their rights and responsibilities.
- Promote patient well-being through our “Culture Safety” program, which promotes ongoing patient education on topics such as patient safety, eye drop application, hand hygiene, organ donation, and other topics of interest to our users.
- Strengthening communication channels to guarantee the right to social participation in healthcare for our users.
- Promoting the “Safe Culture” program within our healthcare institution.
- Promoting health programs and self-care.
- Strengthening the healthcare institution in implementing mechanisms to encourage participation.
- Identify and establish communication channels, whether electronic or in-person, to provide information to the public.
- Identify and develop institutional spaces with the public to jointly analyze and decide on processes.
- Establish mechanisms to facilitate meetings with our users.
- Establish incentives that promote participation.
- Promote different forms of convening participation spaces.
- Facilitate participatory dialogues to directly and personally collect feedback.
- Implement the use of information and communication technologies to facilitate access to information.
- Provide spaces for citizens to express their opinions on healthcare matters.
- The website where we invite participation.
- Patient well-being and health programs.
- Application of eye drops and hand hygiene.
WHAT ORGANS AND TISSUES CAN BE DONATE?
- Undergo a pre-transplant assessment by a specialist physician.
- Obtain acceptance from the clinical committee of the healthcare institution.
- Be placed on a waiting list.
The successful outcome of any surgical procedure substantially depends on the care we take after the intervention has been performed. Eye surgery has specific and essential postoperative recommendations to ensure the expected results, so it is crucial that you fully follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Not touching your eyes with dirty hands is of vital importance!
What care should I follow?